Change PDF to HTML format for free
|File extension||.html .htm||File extension|
|Internet media type||text/html||Internet media type||application/pdf|
|File format name||Hypertext Markup Language File||File format name||Portable Document Format|
|Associated programs||Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firexfox||Associated programs||Adobe Viewer, Ghostscript, Ghostview, Xpdf, gPDF, Acrobat Reader|
|Developed by||WHATWG||Developed by||ISO|
|Initial Release:||1993||Initial Release:||June 15, 1993|
How to guide
How to change a document’s format from PDF to HTML:
- Type altopdftohtml.com in your web browser.
- Open the AltoPDFtoHTML online converter.
- Click on Choose File and browse for the PDF you want to transform into HTML.
- Click on the respective cloud icon if your file is stored in the cloud and upload the doc (the process takes a couple of seconds).
- Press Convert and wait for the progress bar to reach 100%.
- Select Download and the converted document will be saved to your device.
- Choose Start over again to proceed with another document.
The Ultimate Features Comparison Chart
Selecting the right tool to convert PDF to HTML in a market flooded with solutions isn’t easy. The good news is you don’t have to go at it alone. We’ve put together a comparison chart of AltoPDFtoHTML’s key characteristics compared to its main competitors in order to help you make the right choice.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
How to convert PDF to HTML
How to change PDF to HTML online
The most convenient and easy solution for converting PDF to HTML format is AltoPDFtoHTML. Due to its online nature, the tool doesn’t require installation, which means you can start using it right away. Unlike other offers on the market, the Alto converter is absolutely free and doesn’t limit the number of documents you can convert, period. Moreover, your documents are well-protected according to the latest security standards while the user-friendly interface makes the whole process fast and simple.
Here is a step-by-step instruction guide on how to convert PDF to HTML with the Alto converter:
- Type altopdftohtml.com in your browser’s search field.
- Upload the document from your device (mobile or desktop) or from the cloud.
- Press Convert and wait for the progress bar to show 100%.
- Save the resulting file to your device or share it.
- Close the window or proceed with the next document.
The time it takes for the process to finish primarily depends on two factors; the quality of your internet connection and the size of the document. The bigger the file, the longer it takes to get from PDF to HTML. However, either way, the process shouldn’t take more than a minute. If it does, check your internet connection.
How to change PDF to HTML in Google Chrome
Despite a number of different browsers that currently exist, Chrome remains the favorite among most users. One of the reasons for this is due to its helpful and easy-to-implement features that improve the user experience. For instance, browser extensions make it easier for you to have the tools you use most often one click away. With the help of the Alto extension, transform any PDF to HTML in a few clicks right from your browser.
Convert your PDF to HTML in a few clicks:
- Find AltoPDFtoHTML in the Chrome Web Store and add it to your browser.
- Click on the converter’s icon that appears in the top right-hand corner.
- Upload the document from your computer or cloud storage.
- Click on Convert and wait a couple of seconds.
- Save the changes and download the new file to your device or back to the cloud.
By adding the Alto extension to your web browser you receive a fast and efficient tool for converting PDF to HTML absolutely free of charge. To install it, you only need a couple of minutes, and as a result, you can conduct an unlimited number of conversions per day. Use AltoPDFtoHTML for Google Chrome from anywhere be it day or night, East or West.
How to change PDF to HTML on Windows
If your device works on Windows operating system and you need to transform a PDF to HTML, there are several ways to do it. However, the most recommended by everyday users for converting PDF to HTML is AltoPDFtoHTML. It’s a robust web-based solution that combines ease of use, security and functionality all in one.
The Alto tool provides several different ways to create a webpage on Windows:
- Using its Chrome-based converter.
- Via web-based application found at altopdftohtml.com.
- Convert PDF to HTML using a free online solution.
Most applications for working with PDFs like Adobe Acrobat are expensive. Microsoft will push for you to use certain products but always remember there are alternatives. AltoPDFtoHTML solves three primary things:
1) it’s free to use;
2) your data is well-protected by cutting-edge encryption;
3) it delivers high-quality conversions that look professional.
How to change PDF to HTML on Mac
Mac’s operating system does not have any pre-installed option for transforming PDF to HTML in Preview. Therefore, Mac users need an alternative solution for converting their files. With Alto, such a possibility exists for free. If you’re a developer or a web designer, working with PDF-to-HTML converters is a usual thing for you. Therefore, having a solution that not only speeds up the process but also creates high-quality results is a must.
Access a tool with vast capabilities for working with a file in Portable Document Format:
- Search for the Alto converter in the App Store and install it on your device.
- Add the Google Chrome extension from Alto to your browser.
- Visit altopdftohtml.com if you prefer a web-based application.
- Use the converter in whatever form you prefer (#1, 2 or 3) to create a beautiful webpage.
It is up to you to decide which variant suits your needs in the best way. With AltoPDFtoHTML you can convert as many PDFs to HTML as you need without paying a penny or signing up. If you’re a Mac user, use a solution that understands your needs.
How to change PDF to HTML with Adobe Reader
Being the creator of the Portable Document Format (PDF), Adobe offers a wide range of tools for working with them. Including PDF-to-HTML transformations. The Acrobat Pro DC version has a wider scope of features for document management. The solution enables its users to interact with their files, edit them, collect signatures, etc. Acrobat Pro DC is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS as well as other applications for mobile devices.
Convert PDF to HTML on your device by means of Adobe Acrobat:
- Open it up and click on Tools in the top toolbar.
- Select Export.
- Choose the file format: initial (on the left) and output (in the middle).
- Select Single/Multiple HTML pages and click Export.
- Save the resulting file to your device.
Mind that during the export process certain elements of the layout will be lost. However, all your images and textual data will remain unchanged. You can edit and fix everything afterward with online design tools. Nevertheless, keep in mind that Adobe’s products are rather expensive. If you need to make a PDF-to-HTML conversion but do not want to pay extra, use a free online solution like AltoPDFtoHTML.
How to change PDF to HTML on mobile
The main benefit of mobile devices is that you can use them from anywhere. With business being constant, tools capable of being used on the go are also necessary. Therefore, companies that don’t offer mobile solutions are two steps away from being gone. Electronic document management is an integral part of various business processes. That’s why you need a tool for converting PDF to HTML on your smartphone. Honestly, there are hundreds, but we advise a free solution like AltoPDftoHTML.
Create beautiful conversions from PDF to HTML from your mobile device:
- Type altopdftohtml.com on your smartphone or tablet.
- Import the file from your device or cloud storage.
- Select Convert and wait a couple of seconds The duration of the process will primarily depend on the speed of your internet connection.
- Save the converted file to your device or share it using the options provided.
AltoPDFtoHTML is web-based and compatible with any operating system. Use the online converter to transform your files from PDF to HTML in a few clicks absolutely free of charge.
How to change PDF to HTML on iOS
iOS devices have a wide range of in-built features and applications to facilitate user experience. For instance, you can manage and store your documents using Notes, Numbers, iCloud Drive, etc. However, when it comes to converting PDFs to HTML, you need extra help. Therefore, if you’re using this operating system, there are several options for you to choose from; use an online converter like AltoPDFtoHTML, add its Google Chrome extension or install its app from the AppStore. The first variant is the most convenient since it doesn’t require any installing or signing up.
Here are the simple steps you should follow to convert PDF to HTML right from your iOS device:
- Go to altopdftohtml.com.
- Upload the document you want to turn into a webpage.
- Click on Convert.
- Wait for the progress bar to reach 100%.
- Save the resulting file to your iPhone/iPad or upload it to the cloud.
AltoPDFtoHTML was designed for iOS users like yourself to turn PDF to HTML with as little hassle as possible. Use the Alto converter – a perfect solution for those who value their time and money.
How to change PDF to HTML on Android
Being the most popular among mobile users, Android devices have dominated the mobile market and in many cases are a substitute to desktop and laptop devices. You can use them to manage business tasks including working with documents. What’s the most common occurrence with document management? Changing file formats. Most likely you know how annoying it is to not have a tool to convert a PDF to HTML. The great news is there is in fact a powerful and FREE solution that can handle almost anything your document workflow can throw at it.
Follow the guidelines below to transform your PDF to HTML on Android:
- Go to altopdftohtml.com.
- Open the website and click on Choose File.
- Select the doc you plan on working on from your mobile device or cloud storage.
- Click Convert Now. The process will take a few seconds depending on your internet connection.
- Download the file to your smartphone or save it in the cloud.
You can also share the converted document with other parties involved via email or other messengers from the list of options. AltoPDFtoHTML is a free tool and has no limit to the number of document conversions you can perform per day. The only limit is the file size – 25Mb. Use the Alto tool to convert your PDF to HTML quickly, easily and without worrying about data security.
There are two main ways to deal with this; using your Google account or an online converter. Using the first option, compose a new email but before attaching your file in Portable Document Format to it, open it in your browser by clicking View as HTML. Select View, Source, Page Source, then copy the code and insert it in the new email. But really using a simple and quick online tool like AltoPDFtoHTML is the best way to do it.